Exhibitor Visa Information

Exhibitors: find out if you need a visa

Most people need a visa OR an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to travel to Canada –not both. Some people may only need their valid passport.
Follow the link below, answer a few simple travel questions to determine if you need a visa:

Once you’ve entered the information to determine if you need a visa and the answer is yes, see your next steps:

You need a visitor visa

You’re considered a business visitor and you need a visitor visa to travel to Canada. You don’t need an ETA.

A visitor visa:
•    is a sticker we put in your passport
•    costs CAN$100

You must send certain documents with your application:
•    a letter of invitation from your potential business partner in Canada
•    24-hour contact details for that person

You may also need proof that you have a job. As a business visitor, you must show that:
•    you plan to stay for less than 6 months
•    you don’t plan to enter the Canadian labour market
•    your main place of business, and source of income and profits, is outside Canada
•    you have documents that support your application

Processing times vary by country. You may need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) with your application. Processing time doesn’t include the time you need to give biometrics.

Letter of Invitation - for exhibitors only

Upon signing the exhibit space contract with payment terms in due course, exhibitors should begin this process immediately.  Only exhibitors in The Convenience U CARWACS Show will be given an invitation letter, which clearly states all accommodations, meals, transportation, and medical insurance will be their responsibility. 

Show Recognition Letter - for exhibitors only

The Official Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) letter will be sent to the individuals who require a visa and individuals coming into Canada who don’t need a visa.  This letter shows that The Convenience U CARWACS Show,  September 14 & 15, Toronto 2021 is recognized by the CBSA – International Events and Convention Services Program, and expects foreign exhibitors to exhibit in the show.  Make sure to have this letter with you upon entering Canada.